I seek to meet the complex needs of individuals and families by using an integrative approach to psychotherapy, an approach that combines exploration, insight, and action.
I anticipate that through this approach, clients will
- decrease symptoms of depression and anxiety
- learn to trust their inherent strengths
- become more stable, flexible, adaptive, resilient, and balanced
- move through life transitions successfully
- and enhance and heal their most significant relationships.
Separation and Divorce
Divorce represents a crisis in the life of a family. During such a crisis, parents need to attend to their own emotional needs as well as the needs of their children.
We know from research that parents who seek psychotherapy during a separation or divorce help their children -- and themselves -- adjust better and heal faster.
I help parents create strong and secure connections with their children. These connections help children become healthier and more resilient.
I specialize in working with parents
- Who are expecting a baby or adjusting to life with a new baby
- Who have adopted
- Who are interested in developing stronger attachment patterns with their children
- Who are experiencing a transition or crisis
- Who are experiencing anxiety or depression.